82nd Street ramps to and from I-69 northbound will close through late this year
Clear Path 465 crews are beginning work this year to reconfigure the interchange at I-465 and I-69. At the end of the project, new ramps will provide direct movements from eastbound I-465 and northbound I-465 to northbound I-69. The project will improve safety and traffic flow.
To prepare for the work ahead, the ramp from I-69 North to 82nd Street and the ramp from 82nd Street to I-69 North will close on or after Monday, April 17. The ramps are expected to remain closed through late this year. Maps posted on the homepage of ClearPath465.com offer alternate routes to the Community North campus and 82nd Street.
Short-Term Ramp and Lane Closures
Short-term lane and ramp closures will be needed later this month as crews shift the entrance for the express lane on I-465 North further south. Two weekends of lane and ramp closures are needed to prepare for the shift that will give crews more room to safely work in the area.
The entrance to the temporary express lane will move from Binford Boulevard to Fall Creek once the work is complete. The work will allow construction crews to widen and rebuild a section of I-465 on the northeast side of Indianapolis. Inclement weather in March postponed the work and traffic shift.
Overnight closures are expected late this month to accommodate bridge work at I-69 and 82nd Street.
What to Expect
- I-465 eastbound to southbound reduced to one lane starting at Binford Boulevard.
- I-69 southbound ramp to I-465 southbound reduced to one lane.
Overnight Monday – Thursday, 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Single lane closures near the express lane on I-465 North to move barrier wall.
- I-465 reduced to one lane starting at Fall Creek.
- I-465 northbound ramp to I-69 northbound reduced to one lane.
- Pendleton Pike ramp to I-465 northbound closed.
- Entrance to express lane (I-465 North) moved south from Binford Boulevard to Fall Creek.
- Express lane traffic can’t exit at I-69 or Allisonville Road.
- Large trucks are not allowed in the express lane.
Overnight Monday – Friday, 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- 82nd Street closed at the I-69 overpass for bridge work.
- Access will be maintained for emergency vehicles.
- Single lane closures on I-465 northbound from Fall Creek to the ramp to I-69 north to place barrier wall.
Please note anticipated schedules are dependent on many factors and are subject to change.
Drivers are encouraged to slow down, avoid distractions and watch signage in the area.